WHAT DOES A HEADSHOT COST?
Studio headshot ………… $279.00
The essential single headshot arrangement, includes proofs, one selected shot from the session, plus prepped and emailed final version.
Location headshot ………… $309.00
Similar to above, location to be determined beforehand by mutual agreement.
Additional shots from the proof sheet, if desired either now or in the future, are $69.00 to prep, size, and process.
Additional poses, set ups, or arrangements, when requested and added at the same time to the above, are $129.00 per extra concept.
See more info on Pricing page.
CT State Sales Tax 6.35% added to all totals unless exempt, out of state, or resale.
HOW LONG DOES A PORTRAIT SESSION TAKE?
The essential studio headshot roughly takes between 15 and 30 minutes. I don’t rush you, nor do I dawdle, instead I keep things moving along. We shoot batches of shots, and review them on the back of the camera. We can continue to shoot additional batches and review them until we’re satisfied we have enough good shots from which to choose. Call it a wrap when we’ve done enough. More elaborate, custom, and multiple outfits/backgrounds/settings would extend the time spent. Creative exploration sessions might take longer as we follow our ideas. I can provide a time range estimate for such projects.
CAN WE CHAT TOGETHER BEFORE DECIDING TO GO AHEAD?
Absolutely––good idea! If you have concerns, questions, or uncertainty, a talk together beforehand would be a good thing to do. I can help steer you through the process and determine if I’m a good fit for what you’d like to accomplish. If previous encounters with the camera disappointed you, let’s talk about what we can do to make this a good experience, not a repeat of before.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A HEADSHOT PORTRAIT?
• the shooting session
• coaching, directing, and expert eye
• review shots on the back of the camera
• tweaking and adjustments as needed
• proof sheet(s) emailed to you 1 or 2 days later
• prep work on the one you select
• six jpeg files, different sizes or resolutions, both color and B&W
• images sent to you via email and/or placed in a Dropbox folder and link provided
• generous copyright usage granted
• all images labelled and archived
• prompt resending within 2 years (at no cost) of the prepped image files if they go missing
Headshots du Jour!
One day a month a reduced $199 price for a professional studio headshot. On the second Wednesday of each month. Same camera. Same lighting. Same photographer. Same great results!
• select an available time slot on SignupGenius here
• occurring on the second Wednesday of each month (August 10, September 14, October 12, November 9, December 14, and so forth)
• includes shooting fee, emailed proof, one selected shot prepped and digital files sent via email
• helpful guidance and expert direction provided
• prompt turnaround of proofs and final prepped digital jpeg files
• first booking starting at 9:00 a.m., last booking at 5:00 p.m.
• payment accepted at the end of shooting session––PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, Zelle, credit card, check
• 6.35% CT State Sales Tax added, unless tax exempt
• all images labelled, saved, and archived for future retrieval if needed
• additional prepped images from the shoot are $69.00
• multiple people from same client in back-to-back sequential sittings $179 per person
• if prepped images ever go missing, upon request they can be resent at no cost
• my studio and I practice safe COVID practices to help keep everyone safe
• it’s my job to make you look good!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
STEP 1FIRST TALK ABOUT AIMS, NEEDS, FLAVOR, STYLE, OUTFIT, ACCESSORIES, DEADLINE & COMPLEXITY. THEN MAKE A PLAN & ALLOW CREATIVE SOLUTIONS TO UNFOLD AS WE SHOOT
A plan or direction for the shooting session can be simple & straightforward, more complex and involved, or something else, depending on your needs for the photo. We collaborate to get good results.
STEP 2THE STUDIO IS SET UP BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, DO A QUICK CHECK IN THE MIRROR, SHOOT A FEW TEST SHOTS, MAKE ANY NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS: THEN WE'RE READY TO SHOOT!
When you’re ready, I’m ready. Our session is neither rushed nor stretched out unnecessarily. I describe how we aim for the goal, and keep a sharp eye on lighting, background, and wardrobe as we shoot. I coach and guide as we go. It’s my job to make you look good.
STEP 3SHOOT, REVIEW IMAGES ON THE CAMERA, TWEAK, SHOOT ADDITIONAL BATCHES UNTIL SATISFIED WE HAVE ENOUGH
The preliminary edit on the back of the camera is an essential step. Some shots and expressions inevitably look better than others. Keep the good ones, delete the not-so-good ones. We shoot until we’re both satisfied we have good shots from which to choose.
STEP 4CALL IT A WRAP WHEN WE HAVE A GOOD SELECTION, PROOFS & FINAL PREPPED JPEGS EMAILED TO YOU 1 TO 2 DAYS LATER
Viewing the proofs on your computer or device will give a truer indication of how they’ll look when used online, in profiles, and on websites and social media. You also have more time to look them over, plus share with anyone else if you care to do so.
WHAT’S IT COST?
PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED AT END OF SHOOTING SESSION
6.35% CT STATE SALES TAX ADDED TO ALL TOTALS – UNLESS TAX EXEMPT, OUT OF STATE, OR RESALE